Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tres Bittersweet

I am now 2 months away from closing the doors to Woofs & Whiskers for good. I know I am making the right decision, it's something that I thought long and hard about. With the shelves emptying and my stock diminishing it is really starting to hit home. This has been my baby for the last 6 years and as I get closer to closing I realize what a bittersweet moment it's going to be. Where else will I be able to take my pups to work with me?
Woofs & Whiskers, for those of you who don't know, is located on a cute little street in West Annapolis. I call it the "Soho" of Annapolis. All the businesses are in old homes built in the 40's and 50's, all the top floors are residences. We have a number of Antique Stores, Galleries, a quilt and art supply store, and enough hair salons to allow you to change your hair color every day of the week. We have a cafe, a bistro, and a sandwich shop. There are also a number of therapists and healing art centers to round the street out. It's one of those neighborhoods that everyone knows your name. I will miss it, but I am also very excited at all the new possibilities that are yet to come my way.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Can't wait to hear what your new adventure will be! Perhaps you'll stay in Hawai'i and become a surf instructor for dogs!