Sunday, May 16, 2010

You Don't Miss It Until It's Gone.

I have started to appreciate things I have in my life much more than I used to. I never try to take anything for granted, because you just don't know when you'll be without it. It has been about 6 weeks since Terry and I parted ways. After processing everything over and over, I now know I will never hear from him. During the course of our relationship whenever there was a bump in the road, I always made the reconciliation call or sent the e-mail. After my last call, and his responding e-mail, add 6 weeks of no contact, I'm thinking it's over. Now I've got to put my big girl panties on and deal with.
We had planned a trip to New Bern,North Carolina which I was thrilled about because having gone to school about 20 miles away in Havelock, I couldn't wait to show Terry all the great historic spots of the area. Now that that is not going to happen, I am looking forward to the road trip Kris and I are planning to Louisville. We're going down to take some of my mother's furnishings to Kathy and then pick up Kathy's pup Chloe. From there Kathy heads on a 2 week Mediterranean Cruise while I watch Chloe and continue my "Going Out of Business Sale", something else I will miss when it's gone.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

When one door closes another one opens! Can't wait to see you in August!

Anonymous said...

nothing ventured, nothing gained....if we quit trying, we'll never know....he had his good qualities..he had his bad....you're free again...see you in july????? at the reunion???? mike gregg is coming...mike breckenridge...is not....val