Thursday, September 23, 2010

Black Sand Beaches



After 4 hours in the van we stopped for our lunch stop at a black sand beach. We had an hour and one half to enjoy this scenic stop. I think a more appropriate name would have been black jagged rock beach. I could not be stopped from going into the brilliant blue water, but the lava
rocks made it a very slow and painful process.


The rocks did not stop at the waters edge, it continued for as far out as I could still stand. Needless to say, I dove in head first as soon as I could to relieve my hurtin' pups. The water was amazing, so clean and pure. After my 20 minute swim I did a little cave exploring in the same area. I'm not normally a cave person, they are too dark and I usually end up slipping on something slimy. Luckily the light at the end of cave was very close to the entrance, so darkness was not a problem, squeezing through was.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You got all of the black sand out of your shoe, right?