Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pearl Girl


They say diamonds are a girls best friend, but give me pearls any day. I am a firm believer that pearls work with anything, from the little black dress to jeans and a tee shirt.
After finishing up the funniest day, Rachel promised me we would stop at "Pearl Paradise". Needless to say I was in heaven. I opted for a simple single pearl on a gold chain.

After purchasing the one pearl, the clerk makes you go through a ritual for good luck. You hit a gong 3 times, and then shout Aloha. I gave Riley the mallet to hit the gong. 1, 2, 3, Aloha, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... Riley was having a ball, and I can only assume I am going to have the best luck ever with this pearl. Oh.... and the laughter continued with Riley joining in.
Then you choose an oyster and get another pearl. What a sales gimmick. Now I've got this pearl with no setting. You know I'll lose it if I don't get a setting, I choose a crisscross gold band. Kris paid for it and gave it to me as my birthday gift. She already took me to see James Taylor and Carole King. Could there be any better sister in the universe?

No comments: