Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Scare


Harper gave me a scare last weekend. On Friday she didn't eat her dinner, but I didn't think too much about it because she's ignored her dinner in the past. The next day she passed on both breakfast and dinner. She also had diarrhea since Friday. Okay I figure if she doesn't eat on Sunday, I'll get her to the vet first thing Monday morning. Well she had other ideas.
When Sunday come around, her diarrhea was bloody, and she couldn't keep water down. Off we go to the emergency vet clinic.
I was afraid if I waited until Monday, Dr. Etter would have said,"...if only I had seen her 12 hours ago", I would never have forgiven myself. She had some sorta of virus that ran its course and she is now back in the pink. Oh yeah, Harper's vet bill was everybody's Christmas present. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad Harper is ok! I can imagine that it was scary with her being your baby!

Sara said...

Glad she's feeling better. Vet bills in the States are insane. We are going to have a hard time paying those prices after living here. The largest vet bill we've had here is like $100 and that was the ultrasound visit.